Scientifically approved solution against microplastic pollution from washing
Filter out the tiniest microfibers released from textiles during washing
Stop microplastic particles entering our oceans
Microfibers released from washing harm the environment. With each wash, countless plastic fibers from synthetic textiles are making their way from washing machines into rivers and oceans! Microplastics are found in countless species and once consumed, they make their way into the food chain and on to our dinner plates that we then also ingest!
The Guppyfriend wash bag is created by 'STOP!Micro Waste', a nonprofit initiative who is dedicated to raising awareness about the (micro)plastic problem. They aim to explore and initiate great ideas on how to avoid, replace and re-use plastics in everyday life and beyond.
The Guppyfriend washing bag is a self-cleaning fabric bag & is made of a specially designed micro-filter material. Simply collect the fibers and dispose of them properly.
How to use Guppyfriend washing bag:
1. Put synthetic textiles into the Guppyfriend. Do not overfill and separate colours.
2. Close the Guppyfriend and wash as usual.
3. Take out wet textiles after washing.
4. Remove the released microfibers from hems inside of Guppyfriend and dispose of properly.
5. Feel the satisfaction of not releasing microplastic into the ocean!
Watch this video to find out more:
Material: polyamid 6.6 untreated Size: 50 x 74 cm (19,7”x 29,1” )